background

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

It's Cake



One of the reasons I like to scrapbook and blog is because, when I look back on the pictures, I look for the good stuff. I skip over the ones that reveal the messy house behind the kid.

I can look at the smiles and completely forget that I stayed up until one in the morning making those paper reindeer for the top of Isaac's cake.

I can grin to myself knowing that the reason I put the water for the seal right in the middle of Josie's Pet Shop cake was because the cake had a big dent in it.

I can remember how Evan loves to watch me decorate and hovers asking me to squirt frosting on his finger.

I can remember that Kimball wasn't always too old for a character cake.

I can forget the fact that Mat would rather have pie. Forget all the work behind the birthday party and feel for a few small moments that this thing called life isn't all that hard. It's cake. 












 

4 comments:

  1. Why don't I remember the awesome Ben 10 watch cake? They are all "reery, reery" nice (to quote Jos)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is cake with the right attitude Amb!!! Those little faces with the big smiles make it all worth it! We've all learned from Grandma Gliss and Grandma Marge to cover up our mistakes with cooking and sewing...there are NO perfect moms...except I'm awfully proud of my girls and the wonderful moms they are!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this post a lot. You inspire me :)

    ReplyDelete