background

Monday, September 20, 2010

A Trip for Kimball and Mom

I wanted some one-on-one time with my kids this summer so we planned some mini-trips. Kimball and I visited southern Colorado right after school got out in May.


Kimball wanted to visit Bent's Fort because he had learned about it in 6th grade Social Studies.  It was a pretty interesting place.


Then we went to the Great Sand Dunes. The river was nice and wide.  Much different from the time I visited as a kid. I had gone in late June  and the river was only a trickle by then. I loved standing in the water and letting the river carry away the sand under my feet.



Kimball loved playing on the dunes.



I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with Kimball. He is such an amazing person.




4 comments:

  1. what a fun idea! I am going to remember the one on one mini trips when my kids are older :) Love your blog! I miss chatting with you, I am excited to keep in touch with you more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!! some pictures!!! i can't wait for more. great idea to try out minitrips. it is very rare for me to get to spend time with just one child at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimball is a person?? When did that happen? How am I ever going to find out the mysteries about things if Kimball is a mere mortal?

    Hey Kimball, why doesn't the water just sink into the ground??

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh Kimball...I love his imagination and his talents, every kid is different and talented in so many different ways! All your kids are imaginative...maybe they get it from their parents!
    I still love going through that little album you guys gave me when he was a baby after I got to help tend him for you to get through school...such special memories with Kimball. When you moved to Albuquerque I felt like you were ripping my own kid out of my arms!!! That was one of those "trying times" I speak of!!!

    ReplyDelete