background

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Waiting

 
When I had Kimball, my first born, I became a mother.  It was wonderful, scary, challenging, and fun.





When I had Evan, my second boy, I became a mother who understands that all children are unique individuals from the moment they are born.




When I had Isaac, my third boy, who has Down syndrome, I became a mother who enjoys an eternal perspective.  I learned what is important, and what is really important.




When I had Josie, my first girl, I became a mother who understands that there is an innate difference between boys and girls.  One is not better than the other, they are just necessarily different...what a marvelous thing.


I have learned many things from each of my children along the way, but the most valuable lesson I have learned is to turn to my Heavenly Father when I am struggling to be the mother He knows I can be.  Sometimes, I forget.  I try to plow through problems alone until I realize that I'm not making any progress.  Then, I bow my head and ask for help.  And, you know what?  He is always there...waiting.

4 comments:

  1. ambra. i love you. what a fabulous reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this wonderful reminder Ambra, it's just what I needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the Lord has calmed many storms for me as well, if we would just remember to turn to him first, life wouldn't be so difficult at times. You are a great mother Ambra, now we know why.
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete